Thursday, July 28, 2005

KITTY!!!

My most important news of late is that I get to HAVE A NEW KITTY for my birfday. This one might even not bite me everyday, but to be honest, I'm not really holding my breath. I think this yearning was brought on not so much by my friends' assumptions that I will someday turn into a crazy cat lady, but moreso because I don't have a job. "But Meg," you say, "You graduated from college and everything? Why no job?" To which I reply, "I have no marketable skills. Kiss it." No really, I think I have job leprosy. Except when it comes to admin jobs. Administrative people freaking love the idea of me. Unfortunately, I've never been a good liar, so when they ask me what I want to be doing in 10 years and I reply, in the nicest manner possible, "not this", there's usually some kind of awkward silence. It's pretty cool.

Moving on, so I am getting a kitten. Namely, this kitten:



Hmm. He looks a wee tad demonic. Ah well. Beggars can't be choosers. My brother thinks that I'm just getting a kitten because I'm bored. Again, I say, suck it. I should have been a debater in high school. So now we must all think of a name. I'm pretty sure I'm going to call him either Dante or Micheangelo to keep with my angelically Italian theme. Serafina doesn't precisely live up to her namesake, but she does enjoy biting my ankles and sitting in shoeboxes, so that's pretty awesome.

At any rate, I have already had the suggestions "Puddle", "Batista", and "He looks stoned to me". So fire away. I'm all ears.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh, pretty glowing red eyes - hurrah for deamon kitty! Maybe you should think of a name of an Italian fiend instead of an Italian angel. Surely there were some of those in the Inferno... Otherwise, you could always name him Angelo II.

Anonymous said...

I've recently been obsessed with the idea of naming a kitten Wysiwyg. (Pronounced Wizzywig, it's an acronym that stands for 'what you see is what you get')

Amy Barr said...

That last comment was me. I have no idea why it didn't sign me in.

Anonymous said...

how about jeff grossman? but pronounce it "gross-MAHN" ala jmarvin.

Anonymous said...

Fibonacci... I mean heck, the caat looks demonic, and frankly... math must the work of the devil... lol... Happy Birthday waaaaaaay in advance... just in case I forget to say it later... have fun naming the kitty!

Eugene said...

I like animals named after other animals. Hence, my suggestion is 'pig', or at least 'pudu'.

Anonymous said...

ı think you should name him guyver!