Friday, August 05, 2005

Oh snots I drank too much juice

I also saw the movie The Piano today, which, for those of you who don't know, is a movie about a mute woman (Holly Hunter) during colonial times who marries Sam Neill (old, but hot), has a daughter (Anna Paquin - but where's Wolverine?), and a man she falls in love with (Harvey Keitel). It was a quiet but very good movie. I will, however, warn all potential viewers about something that the movie execs definitely failed to mention pre film. Harvey Keitel is naked in the movie. And I don't mean like, "Oh heck, where's my shirt and socks" naked but nekkid. Like, wedding tackle nekkid. Family jewels nekkid. Nut and berries nekkid. At any rate, it certainly threw me for a loop and I have to say that that's all I can pretty much remember about the film right now. I saw Harvey Keitel super nude, in all of his wrinkly glory.

However, this is not the point of this post. I wanted to go ahead and write out for all of those too lazy to read the comments the names I received as possibilities for my impending kitty. There is also a new photo right cheeyah:



Incidentally, awesome.

Okay, so here we go in no particular order:

1. Puddles - not a good start
2. Batista - Middle name here I come.
3. Guyver - Hooray!!
4. Snugglepuss - *throaty boy laugh*
5. Pig or Pudu - What the hell is a pudu? I bet it's adorable.
6. Fibonacci - 6th grade! Gross!
7. Jeff Grossman - Hmmm... might love it a wee tad TOO much if I named it that.
8. Angelo part Deux - it's a rather sad story for Angelo the First, in case anyone wants to hear it.
9. Wysiwyg - I can pronounce, but I doubt you can.
10. Bill - but what if I marry a Bill? Would I then have to choose whom I loved best??
11. Gato Merron - the suggestion of the breeder. For those of you who don't know, it means "Brown Cat" in Spanish. If I'm going to go with that, I might as well capitulate to my mother who suggested:
12. Cocoa

At any rate, your suggestions are highly appreciated, but since I can't bear the thought of my departed fish and I probably shouldn't be yelling "Snugglepuss" loudly at the neighbors, I think I'm going to think of some random Renaissance artist and leave it at that.

Bernini with your coffee, anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about bellini?

Eugene said...

a pudu is a tiny deer-like thing...pictures here: google pudu images

Eugene said...

a tree-climbing, barking, 14 inch deer.

Anonymous said...

No more Shpiink, huh :( ? Well, I have to admit, the new color scheme is at least "sexy," if you were going for that. I saw kitty deux's pic on the facebook at work, and it took all of my willpower not to squeal with glee or giggle maniacally. Such an awkward little demon kitty...
By the way, defining for my guy friends murses, moobs, and mipples always makes me smile and think of you... oh, and second by the way, that girl who stepped on my friend's heart? She was wearing bright green sparkly eyeshadow. Even he, a BOY, knew that was wrong.

Emily said...

My new suggestion for dear Kitty's name is Dante, because then your friends can call him Don.

And, come on, Graciela and Don would be the greatest team since Bonnie and Clyde. Or Lucy and Ricky. Or... uh... Serafina and Dante.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I agree that the new colosrs are more sexy and suggestive than pink, and that the kitty really looks like a little demon creature, in a scary wy as well. and yes it is me GAMZE (for some reason posting anonymous) who suggested, and stands behind the suggestion, of naming him guyver!ıf you want an italian name, well than guyverino!

M said...

Three things:

1. First of all, I finally looked at the pictures of the pudu and it is ADORABLE. I have to have one. I wonder if there are crazy pudu breeders in the US...
2. Dante is so the name I thought about naming him anyway. Rock.
3. Gamze, you have surprised me yet again with your obvious fondness for the Guyver. And it's an excellent name for him. And you should make your stupid computer post with your name. Hooray!!