Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The bestest invention EVER

So today was a day full of surprises. By which I mean filing. I was given a project that basically entailed finding around a hundred or more files for the head of admissions. When the sheet was handed to me I asked, "So where would these most likely be?" To which the response was "I have no idea." So things started pretty well. After an entire day of organizing, shuffling through unalphabatized stacks of applications that were put in an order very clear to the committee, but completely foreign to me, and ultimately triumphantly finding almost all of them by 4 pm, I was informed by the head of admissions that some of them needed to stay in the stacks in which I found them. Oh yes, things such as his "special stacks" and admits were not to be touched. Hey, that would have been nice to know, oh say, 7 FREAKING HOURS BEFORE HAND. So I got to RESHUFFLE through the entire stack I had SPENT A DAY CREATING and try desperately to remember where I had gotten a completely random set of applications from. *And* I got to receive looks of disapproval from the head of admissions. Suck it.

Also, I just yahoo searched my name and the most horrible thing possible popped up. http://www.celineonline.com/celinedion/english/music.cgi?album_id=17&song_id=12 Scroll down to read the messages that talk about their experience with a Celion Dion song. THAT IS NOT ME. But now, if someone ever yahoo searches my name, *that's* what they come up with. I quote: "Everytime I hear this song it brings tears to my eyes." Someday I'm going to be engaged and my future husband will decide one day to search my name and he will leave me at the alter because there is another Meg in the world and she hella loves Celine. I'm going to die of shame.

I was going to talk about rehearsal today, which was long and interpersed with poking Dave and making suppositions about the orchestra and their relative geek factor (read: high). But instead I am prompted to mention what I feel is the best invention to ever grace the race of man - the weather predicting toaster. http://www.culturelab-uk.com/site/templates/print_view.asp?ID=96 Yes, friends, my TOAST, which I love and adore, can tell me what it's going to be like outside today. I am obsessed with toast and I constantly want to know what the weather is like. Now I can have the two things at once. No more rifling around through the paper for weather forecasts. No more letting my toast get cold while I watch the morning news. This is my dream appliance and I have to have it. I am not a complete person until that toaster is in my possesion. I'm sure you understand.

One last thing, a certain friend of mine left a text message wherein she was drunk and feeling frisky. Dude, less drinky and boyfriend, more thoughts of being jobless. Also, I had a dream about a guy friend of mine. It was, say, a somewhat sessual dream that involved lots of kissing. Now I am awake and confused. Thanks a lot, subconsciuos. And, uh, sorry family members.

No comments: