Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend antics

So this past weekend was a concert and party, followed by a mellow Saturday involving seeing old friends and a good movie in Kendall Square. But first things first. The concert was fairly awesome in my personal opinion. Very vocally fatiguing, but all the good ones are. It's a style of music I enjoy but don't like as much as, say, something more vocally challenging like Mozart or Handel, but it was really interesting to hear the music and be given time to consider how it progressed over the past several hundred years. Listening to the solo pieces was amazing and I enjoy muchly watching theorbos pluck away. There was talk of how they make them, I naturally assume that the theorbo lady found a tree trunk somewhere and whittled it, but I've been vetoed. Whatever. I don't hear any better ideas being tossed around. And I'm fairly positive she had a switch blade. Suffice to say she looked like the type. Early music buff, my ass.

Okay so then we had a par-tay, at which two of the soloists showed. I was both massively creeped out by that in addition to thinking that it was adorable. He even brought his own dance mix. What do music nerds listen to as a dance mix? I have no idea, but I hella want to find out. There was drinking and socializing to be had and, surprisingly enough, only one moment of mild awkwardness that passed quickly and, all in all, the evening was a pleazzure. I got to spend more time with one of my favorite peoples, Kemp, who continually proves how awesome he is and I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure that a) Alex grabbed my breasts since I have been talking for weeks about how they've shrunk since I lost a little weight (no, no, thank YOU, God) and b) that Dave and I made out for 2 seconds simply to prove we could. These kinds of things wouldn't happen if I had a chaperone. *cough* Emily *cough* The end.

Incidentally, I just saw the photos from said party. There seems to be a disconnect between how I perceive myself to look and then how I actually look in real life. I occasionally get comfortable with myself and then someone has to go and take pictures of me and then I am reminded that the beaming white in most photos is, hey! ME!!! And WOAH! I look fugly in that! Awesome!!! Happy Friday everybody!!! On the plus side of things, I have some amazing friends who pretty much periodically tell me I'm not heinous looking so I forget often and spend my days in blissful ignorance. Rock.

AND I saw the movie tonight "Walk on Water", which is a fairly amazing film about an Israeli assassin and how he interacts with some German adults he's supposed to be investigating because their grandfather was a Nazi. Lots of beautifully shot scenes and some fairly complicated relationship issues so I was impressed. It's artsy, but not artsy in a boring way. Also, I have never been to Israel so I'm all about learning about it, even though this was clearly fairly limited. I highly suggest it. And it was a lovely evening with my friend, Randal, who spent most of the time alternatively watching the film or being uncomfortable because there was a sense of homosexuality in it. Men from the South are adorable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posting a comment on Meg's blog affords me the opportunity to remind past and current Collegiites that I am still alive! So here I am. Hello everyone! Meg's fun. And any photograph that tells you you are not hot is lying.

Also, I hope I don't flatter myself too much by not posting my last name. Hopefully everyone I care about will know who I am...

Emily said...

Pete(r) is super cool.

Meg is super hot.

All is right with the world.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pete! Wow I found out that I can post comments without having to sign in! awesome!