Monday, March 21, 2005

Workity McWorksalot

Sooooooooo I was 2 hours late for work this morning cause my new alarm clock is too confusing and I set it only for the weekend and woke up at 10 am. I called my father whilst on the way and his comment was, "Uh oh." These little nuggets of wisdom are often a great help to me. Oh, Daddy... When I arrived at work, I received a look from my supervisor that was filled with what can only describe as extreme hatred. Of course, I wasn't really bothered since, as a temp, I am kind of everybody's bitch. Receiving blame is kind of in the job description. Also, it turns out that unbeknownest to me there's tons of office intrigue. When I was sitting around for most of Sunday getting paid to answer questions from applicants every 30 minutes, two of my fellow workers bitched at length about some of the higher ups. It never really occurred to me to find fault with them because when I was treated like crap I figured a) my supervisor is type A anyway and b) I am clearly the one to be dumped on. Also, a fellow coworker walked up to me today, tapped me on the shoulder, stuck out her tongue at me, and walked away. I feel like some sort of coworking wall has been breached here. I am totally in the inner circle. Of... you know... childish behavior in the office.

Speaking of which, some helpful soul called today asking why he had submitted his application in December but only just now received an application complete notice. I looked his info up and it turns out that he actually received his application complete notice in January. Being somewhat at a loss since he had clearly called to bitch someone out and had been hella wrong, he proceeded to ask me when he would have his decision. See conversation below:

"Well it usually takes 8-10 weeks after receiving the application complete notice that they make a decision. I will warn you that they're moving a little slow this year but they should have a decision sometime in April most likely."
"So I was complete on January 27th so they should decide in the next couple of weeks, right?"
"Well, as I said, they're running a little late, but something like that yes."
"So can you give me any kind of time frame?"
*awkward pause*
"What?"
"Can you give me any kind of time frame?"
"You mean other than the one I just gave you??" <-- incredulity
"Yeah."
"No."

So that was pretty fun. Also, it turns out that my cat is a giant whore. My roommate likes to pet her roughly and she purrs all the way. I feel kinda dirty watching especially cause he tends to say stuff like, "I got want you want" and "Let us go look at womens, Kitty". And she just takes it. I feel used. You can observe his blog cheeah: http://pococurantism.blogspot.com/. Not for the feint hearted. Or people who like long blogs, twah. Also if you didn't get those last two random word references, I can't be bothered to explain them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your roommate sounds awesome. I have a mancrush on him. He can caress my glands any day he wants.