Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Things I did yesterday

1. Sat on the phone with some guy for 20 minutes explaining to him that the director of admissions is too busy for his unadmitted ass.

2. Ate polenta gnocchi for lunch which was, in actuality, just polenta. Nasty. I finished it.

3. Listened to the entire 1st album by the Backstreet Boys. "Everybody" indeed. Highlights of the CD: "I'll never break your heart", "Hey Mr. DJ", and "If you wanna get it good girl, get yourself a bad boy". I don't know what that means.

4. Ruminated on the fabulousness of All 4 One, which was an original boy band. You know, ignoring the Beatles. "They read you Cinderella, you hope it would come true/ that one your Prince Charming would come rescue you./ You like romantic movies and you never will forget/ the way you felt when Romeo kissed Julieeeeeeeet./ And all the time that you've been waaaaaiting.../ You don't have to wait no mooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooore..." Enter chorus. Anyone who can identify that song for me (and you should be able to), I will personally make you my new best friend.

5. Took out my garbage pantsless.

6. After spending an entire day miserable due to my cold, took 3 types of medication at dinner and tried not to fall asleep while folding my laundry. Pantsless.

7. Made "sounds of the whale" with my roommate for 10 minutes. "mwwwwwwwwwwwoh, mwwwwwwwwwwoh" This was after two types of meds, but before the Nyquil.

3 comments:

Emily said...

"I can love you like that
I would make you my world
Move heaven and eaaaaaarth
If you were my girl

I would give you my heart
Be aaaaaaall that you nee-ee-eed
Show me you're eeeverything
That's precious to me

If you give me a chaaaaaaaaaance...
I can love you like thaaaaat
[I could love you like that, I could love you like that...]"*

*Sad sad footnote: I googled the lyrics to determine how well I remembered them and only had two words wrong...

M said...

And thus does Emily retain her status not only in my social sphere, but also in the somewhat dubious position of being the person that knows random lyrics by heart. Rock.

Anonymous said...

I know those lyrics! I know those lyrics!

ps. meg, here is my mancard.
pps. i still never saw freaky friday.
ppps. i told you it would be good, that's before ms. lohan got big.
pppps. and i don't mean her breasts.